Friday, January 9, 2009

Tough Calls....

The other night we ran a pretty tough call. A young teenager had been shot, initially we were told it was a suicide...but we have been told that it was an accident, but either way it is a great tragedy. The last I was told is that he is in extremely critical condition at a local hospital. Keep him in your prayers. 

What this got me to thinking about is suicides in teens. I never questioned our actions on the scene because we did everything we could do, but it makes me question my actions as a Christian before the incident. If I had been chasing after the will of God like I should have could I have made a difference in his life through working in his school? Granted we have now been told it was an accident, but the thought still remains...Am I doing everything that I can do for God? Hmm...if we all took the time to really think about this how would we feel about the results? We are not in this World for our benefit, but to be Salt and Light to a lost and dying World that desperately needs the truth of Jesus Christ, may we always keep that in mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment