Thursday, January 1, 2009

My entrance into Blog World

Well I have finally joined the rest of the world in creating a blog. The name may seem a little strange to some of you (Lighthouse Student Ministries) but this is the name of the Youth Group that I lead. It is a name that I have been thinking and praying about for some time, and I simply cannot escape from it. 

The idea is from Matthew 5:16 where believers are told to be the light of the world so that others can see Christ and to bring glory to Him (my paraphrase). The purpose is to be a shining light in this world pointing to Christ, and to shine an exposing light on the evil of this world to protect people from the attacks of Satan. I am working on the Purpse Statement, and I will be sure to post it here when I finish!

We just got back from our Winter Xtreme trip to Gatlinburg, and we had a blast! It was a great time of worship and preaching from some of the greatest Preachers, especially for youth. Everyone had a lot of fun, and the boys were angels the entire time.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! So glad you finally started! Can't wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete